Thursday, December 17, 2009

Yesterday what happened to it?




I was working all day yesterday creating a Gratitude Journal for a friend. Do you have a friend who doesn't see gratitude in the simple things? Everyone hates her, well in her mind they do? I thought a good gift for her was a journal. Everyday you write down 5 things you are grateful for. They don't have to be big things. Gee...being able to sleep in a warm bed, having enough food to eat should not be taken for granted. At this time of year I like to think of the gifts I can give Jesus for Christmas. What a better gift is there but gratitude. When Jesus healed the 10 lepers only 1 came back to thank him for his gift. Are we the one or the nine who took it all for granted?
I hope this season brings you all the blessings of Christmas or Hanukkah or whatever holiday you follow in your heart. God Bless!

The journal I created was simple. I added quotes and bible verses on gratitude and ways on how we can practice gratitude in our lives. Showing how gratitude can make her happier with herself and others. I coloured around the edges of 80 pages and added stamped sayings and little flowers around some of them.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice gift Lennine,I am sure your friend will love it.Great idea,clever concept.
    Have a great day.Hugs Laura.

    ReplyDelete