Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Moonlight Garden Mixed Media

I'm finished and after adding gesso, more paint to the flowers, and added round punches to the center, I decided to call it Moonlight Garden. Today I covered it with wax and smoothed it out with my iron. So that's it. My dh likes it...didn't think he would...since it's so contemptary or simplistic. This is my first stab at this kind of painting and especially using wax. I guess you can say I used the whole ball of wax...hahaa
Should I do more canvases? I think I might...I have some ideas rolling around in my head. Since I haven't slept well since Thursday past, I might as well make good use of the ideas that kept me awake.
You should add yourself as a follower to encourage me to keep creating or leave a comment. Love to hear from you.

1 comment:

  1. Your moonlight garden is gorgeous! Adding wax sounds interesting too.
    Sounds like you had a wonderful time at the West Coast...but I bet you were happy to get home..I know I always am after I have been away. Keep up the beautiful artwork...ttys. Hugs, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete